As you are completing your application for a passport, visa, or another travel document, most governments require your photograph. In order to process your application in a timely manner, we need a clear photo to submit.
We can accept the following file types: JPG, PNG, or PDF
As per the government requirements, your photo must meet the following guidelines:
- Have a neutral facial expression when taking the photo. Please don't smile.
- Make sure you have good lighting when taking the photo. No shadows should be present.
- Make sure your full face, ears, shoulders, and the top part of your body are visible in the photo.
- Don't wear glasses, hats, hair bands, or headphones in the photo.
- Make sure the photo is in color.
- Face the camera and make sure your shoulders are square to the camera. Do NOT tilt your head.
- Your arms should NOT be visible as you hold the camera.
Here are some examples of good quality photos that we can use as well as examples of unacceptable photos:
With babies and small children, we can accept a photo of them not looking at the camera. The background must be clear without any toys, objects, or people behind them.
We also have a great video walking you through how to take a compliant photo.
If the photo you have submitted does not meet the quality standards, we will email you requesting a new photo be sent to us before we can process your application. Since your application is time-sensitive, we hope this guide will help you to take the perfect photo the first time so we can move forward with acquiring your necessary travel documents as quickly as possible.
If you need help submitting your photo(s) or other documents, please see our guide here on how to submit these items to your account.